We’re always looking for talent that believes in having fun. At PENN Entertainment, you’ll get to be a part of an exciting industry, where the days and nights are fast paced. You’ll work with an incredibly diverse set of co-workers driven by their enthusiasm for helping people find and have more fun. You’ll also get to work at a company that cares about your career growth and will help you get the support you need to expand your possibilities.
Click HERE to learn more about our Day 1 Benefits, 401k Program, Company Perks, Career Opportunities, Advancement Programs, Scholarships and more!
DEPENDING ON SKILL LEVEL, THIS POSITION WILL PAY BETWEEN $15.30 - $17.34 PER HOUR. A $1,500 SIGN-ON BONUS IS INCLUDED!
Works closely with Sous Chef to monitor culinary standards and operational guidelines within a
specific outlet for a specific shift including kitchen areas, food preparation activities and facilities
• Administers all aspects of food preparation ensuring kitchen is clean, well stocked and problemfree.
• Efficient preparation of all food related items for both batch and individual plated recipes with
attention to maintaining appropriate food costs, volume, quality, and attractiveness.
• Ability to perform the functions of any culinary task assigned within kitchen such as broiler,
sauté, Asian and prep when needed.
• Accountable for meeting or exceeding all State of Missouri and the Company’s sanitation
• Supports safety and accident prevention programs (non slip footwear, knife handling, and proper
• Monitoring/implementation of garbage separation and disposal as per standards.
• Partners with Sous Chef to coordinate work flow during shift to meet business demands and
ensure customer satisfaction.
• Acts as a role model to other employees and always presents oneself as a credit to the Company
and encourages others to do the same.
• Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
• Must acquire all necessary skills to act as Sous Chef within 18 months.
• Write prep list and take inventory.
• Knowledge of applicable food preparation methods and measures for menu planning, soups,
sauces, meat and seafood items for batch or individual recipes.
• Ability to cost out recipes
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
• Good oral and written communication, must be fluent and literate in English
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
College degree or Culinary Arts degree preferred or a minimum of four year of related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a progressively more challenging
large volume high quality food establishment.
LANGUAGE AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
Ability to prepare, read and comprehend documents. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability
to speak and communicate effectively with individuals and before groups of people.
Ability to accurately calculate figures and amounts and perform mathematical functions applicable to
business needs including but not limited to counting money.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or
diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized
Must be able to qualify for any and all licenses or permits required by local, state, or federal law.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to
finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently
is required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move 75 pounds and tolerate areas of high temperature in
excess of 115 degrees. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is sometimes very loud.
MUST HAVE WEEKEND AVAILABILITY.
We’ve grown to become the leading provider of integrated entertainment, sports content, and casino gaming experiences thanks to our 43 destinations across North America, online sports betting and iCasino via ESPN BET™ and theScore Bet Sportsbook and Casino®.
Being an industry leader means more than being a purveyor of fun. We are also committed to values like diversity and sustainability — for our community, our team members, our vendors, and our planet.
We're changing entertainment. Follow us.
Equal Opportunity Employer