We’re always looking for talent that believes in having fun. At PENN Entertainment, you’ll get to be a part of an exciting industry, where the days and nights are fast paced. You’ll work with an incredibly diverse set of co-workers driven by their enthusiasm for helping people find and have more fun. You’ll also get to work at a company that cares about your career growth and will help you get the support you need to expand your possibilities.
Click HERE to learn more about our Day 1 Benefits, 401k Program, Company Perks, Career Opportunities, Advancement Programs, Scholarships and more!
The assistant executive chef is responsible for supervising food and beverage back of house staff and monitoring standards and results through inspection, evaluation and analysis.
- Makes recommendations for menu items as listed in each restaurant
- Assists with maintenance of cost control methods and procedures by monitoring consistent pars and inventory
- Makes recommendations on and assists with consistent food quality for all F&B outlets
- Assists Executive Chef with the maintenance and updating of the Food and Beverage Inventory Control System
- Responsible for the oversight of F&B Back of House staff
- Assists with development, implementation, and management of operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives
- Create effective and efficient schedules, while maintaining labor costs, meeting staffing objectives and achieving guest satisfaction
- Responsible for assisting in the budget process for the department and providing recommendations; ensuring compliance to departmental budget initiatives; reporting budget concerns to manager
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs
- Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise
- Responsible for the overall achievement of department customer service goals
- Assists in maintaining established quality assurance procedures to ensure acceptable health department and customer service standards
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Associates Degree (A.A.) in culinary or related field; minimum of four years Chef de Cuisine experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Prior gaming experience preferred
- Minimum of four years supervisory experience required
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Flexible to work all shifts including holidays, nights, weekends, and overtime as business needs dictate
We’ve grown to become the most innovative omnichannel provider of entertainment experiences, thanks to our 12 retail brands representing 43 destinations across North America, and online gaming via theScore |BET.
Being an industry leader means more than being a purveyor of fun. We are also committed to values like diversity and sustainability — for our community, our team members, our vendors, and our planet.
We're changing entertainment. Follow us.
Equal Opportunity Employer